Saturday, January 31, 2009

I miss not being mis-used, I miss it all, so I guess I lose

I just watched a little kid run down the stairs at the library, and run right into the glass door. He just said 'owie' and kept running. God kids are awesome. I miss you little niece and nephew.

Let's see...things that have happened...

I put out, the 4th issue I have been a part of with threethousand this week. It was pretty good. In fact Penny said it was the 4th BEST issue we've ever done. Something I think everyone should take a glance at though is these awesome bike helmets. So cool. It has been going really well, and I feel capable and like I'm not fucking it up too much. Yay.

I found a work visa I can get if I want to stay. It's a 4 year work visa for a specific company. I would have to get Rightangle Publishing to sponsor me, but that might not be that hard. I guess it's up to them whether or not I stay at this point. Well I could stay illegaly, but I've already told many of you that I'm coming back in June/July and should probably do that.

Hey! I'm coming back in June! My mom didn't even know this so...I thought I would put it on here. Tenative plans are to visit my Grandma in Missouri, spend some time with my momma, spend some time on Lake Powell with my father, and then be in NYC and Chicago for some amount of time...probably a couple weeks in NYC. If I'm coming back, then I'd jet back here to Oz, but if not...I will probably just settle into NYC. So yeah, look forward to a visit from me if you're in Colorado/NYC/Chicago. But if anyone wants to give me a job from any of those places, that'd be pretty sweet...ya know, if I'm staying. :)

I've been pretty obsessed with this song by Best Friends Forever, and the Wholphin DVDs that my neighbor loaned to me, and the tennis. I just watched a 5.5 HOUR match between Nadal and Verdasco last night. It was EPIC. Oh and this made me laugh so fucking hard.

I'm sort of hating Australia right now. It has been between 107 and 115 degrees for the last 4 days or something. It is insane. I can't handle this weather and it's supposed to happen again mid Feb. Greatttt.

My birthday is coming up, and it's going to be strange. I don't know who all is going to be around (Joan will be in Vietnam) and who all is going to...care really? I don't really mind, I'm not a big birthday person really, but I would like to just go out and get drunk and have a good time...who knows though.

I need a dancing partner. It's ridiculous, no one down here wants to go to the dj nights, the good ones OR the bad (mainstreamy) ones. I'm at a loss of what to do, because going by yourself and trying to dance with someone is...gross. But I need to dance. I neeeeed to.

Okay, there is not much else to this. I am just existing, andit's going well. The new job rules, and I'm just sorta biding my time to see what pans out. Hopefully some DJ gigs...hopefully.

And I have a new mix, but I can't upload it because it takes forever no matter what shitty internet connection I'm on so...I'm sorry.

Music stuff:
Conor got me into this band Souled American from Chicago, it's old but it's really good. I also have been enjoying some new stuff like Fly Girls! the new souljazz release of female MCs, Barzin's new album that's fantastic, M. Ward's newest, Mirah's leaked new record (A)spera, and the new Emmy The Great full length. I have also fallen back into some Silver Jews (so good), The Tallest Man On Earth (how did I miss this?), Jaymay (because I can listen to it without bawling now), and 4 new (to my collection) Kleenex Girl Wonder CDs that I found. I want to make Graham Smith's babies.

I have a lot to say abou the new Animal Collective, but mostly that you all should stop shitting yourselves over it because you look ignorant, like this is the first Animal Collective album you've ever heard.

Jesus get over it.

Love you!

1 comment:

matherine said...

Worst blogger ever. :P

Best friends forever played at my house! My favorite song if theirs is the one about Abraham Lincoln.

See you in June!!