Sunday, January 11, 2009

I hate myself when I'm alone, It's just with you I feel okay

So yeah, Google analytics tells me you people have stopped coming to my blog. What a surprise! Down 7%? Well I guess that isn't bad when time spent publishing content is down about, 80%! Look at me go. I'm a solid investment.

Really things that have changed in my life since last time:
1) Started new job this week.
2) Started writing for the big newspaper down here, The Age.
3) Feeling lonely.

The new job is good. It's a bit stressful, but I guess since I didn't have any stress for the last, oh, 8 months...it's alright. I write a lot more, which will probably drain me of any wit that I normally have, so be warned...the blog is not a place for funny business. For that, you can go to http://www.threethousand.com.au/author/patrick-collins/.
But yeah, the job is good. We had a super stressful week because we lacked some content. We wrapped it up alright, and found a really cool shop with a cool rooftop that said we could use it for...anything. Cool. Rooftop party series here we come.
The worst part was not having all of our content by the deadline...but I guess having a week where a lot of shit went wrong was a good way to gauge what needed to be fixed to get us back on track and what I could do to help that. Which is mainly try to organize shit because we arn't that organized...and kill people when they miss their deadlines. Or at least maim them. I guess maiming would be better, preferably if it wasn't to their hands...so they could still write. But yes, $240/wk + any other work I get...I'm swimming in cash compared to before!

The other week Penny (my editor for those of you new to the story) told me she needed a CD to review because *gasp* she was writing a CD review for The Age instead of her normal art stuff. I gave her the Brian Eno & David Byrne one, I mean, who can't write about those two? She did really good and told me that the paper hadn't gotten all the submissions and that I should write one up. So I did, for Belle & Sebastian's BBC Sessions. Voila, they printed it, asked for another, and so this week I got 'CD of the week' in a half page spread. Looks good. Too bad none of you will see it, unless you ask my parents to have a look at the clippings I'm sending them (I promise, I will!)

Joan has started on her traveling spree...which means in the whole of Australia, there is no one that has known me over 6 months. The people who are closest to me have only known me for about 3. Weird. It makes me realize two things. 1) I don't really feel okay by myself, 2) no matter how many times you tell yourself 'oh friends take time' it is hard to believe. It'll happen, or it won't and I'll move back to the people who really matter. Whatever, it just makes now...sorta lonely.

My feet are like...peeling on the bottoms...near my toes. It's gross. I hope it's not like some zombie virus taking over my body from the lower extremeties up. Probably not.

I spent the day on the beach, reading, and hanging out. It was nice. Now I think I'm going to go out and sit in my hammock and listen to music. Ah the life of an Associate Editor.
Yeah.
Hah.

No comments: