Saturday, December 27, 2008

You Gotta Play Tough My Love

Christmas is weird when you're across the world.

I mean, obvious stuff like it's hot down here is something I can get my head around. It's hot in the states in certain places too. No biggie.

The thing that really seems to get me is because they don't have any holidays that are massively celebrated at this time of year (like Thanksgiving or Halloween) the Christmas shit has been up for ages. It's like, when we get upset that the Christmas stuff is on the shelves before Halloween...only for months longer.

The biggest thing I missed about Christmas was this. or this. And I guess my family is up there too, but really...I got to talk to all of them so that was fine. I don't have the ability to make the other stuff actually happen, therefore I was very full of...candy and nut mix and whatever else was in the box from my mom. I might have even eaten some saltines. I like those though, so that's actually a plus. SPEAKING OF SALTINES...they come in a sheet here. Like 4 little crackers together rather than individual crackers. I was told it was so you could make a 'cracker sandwich.' Sounds horrible.

I made out like a bandit for Christmas, and just in time. I am proud to say that a large portion of my present went to pay my rent today. Yay! I also found that I may not have to get my shirts and clothes tailored for the rest of my life. Those bastards in L.A. at American Apparel actually make stuff that fits me. Too bad they don't use little children to produce it. Like, really, I love that aspect to my clothes...a little soul goes a long way in terms of my clothing. Oh and AA overcharges for everything, but you know, whatever...it fits. What this means is: TO ALL THAT LIKE TO GET ME CLOTHES AS PRESENTS...buy them at AA (small or extra small) and then we can avoid both of us feeling awful because they don't fit.

Oh and the beer pamphlet I contributed on came out finally. Too bad my section (the playlist) is completely fucked as far as formatting and typos go. Thank god it wasn't my fault. Hey, I made it to a masthead though!




(While searching for honey baked ham pictures I found this. Hilarious.)

No comments: