Friday, March 6, 2009

And I could dream of things you've never seen, Alli please

I am in love with this website. No no, not this one, THIS one. One of my friends Tait started or manages it or does something hefty for it. A website for junior creatives trying to make it in the industry? Yes! It really makes me sit in my bed while being completely unproductive and get motivated, if only motivated to put on clothes and maybe think about going outside. Junior is amazing.

After reading this article about Twitter/internet publishing...I have decided that this blog is definitely one of the lame ones that is not entertaining at all. Sorry losers, look like I fooled you! Have fun being bored while reading this! Oh and I might get an iPhone and start Tweeting updates instead!

I ventured out to zone 2 today. I have never been out there before, because I have basically been living the (close to) city life for 7 months straight. I went out to visit my friend Franc and her puppy Rocky, who is a beagle that can jump about 4.5 ft from the ground. It's very cartoon like, and he'll run around in a big circle and run straight for you and try to jump off of you. Jackie Chan style, only a human being instead of a brick wall. Oh and the dog can't flip, he just barrel rolls.

While in zone 2, there was an earthquake. I didn't feel it, but Franc did, so that's how I know.

MAKEOVER MARCH! Most of you know this, but I'm going to go on a shopping spree because I want a makeover. I feel like a slob in the band tees and jeans, that same lame outfit I've been wearing for years, so I'm going to class it up a bit. You just get ready, pretty soon I'm going to be model on lookbook.

There is a gay night in Melbourne called Fabrik and I am DJ'ing the next one. I got the best slot (12 to 1:30) and am going to have to impress. I told everyone I'll be wearing the short shorts, so I guess it won't be too hard! No really, what the fuck am I going to play?

Probably this new Juan Maclean that is like The Human League updated for 2010, this record is off the fucking chain.
Oh and Romeo by Basement Jaxx because I've gotten an unhealthy obsession with it again. I remember I had this and red alert on vinyl back when I was going to be a superstar DJ in high school. So amazing.
Other than that, who knows. Most likely just some of this disco mix that I whipped up. Check it outtttt! (click download unless you want to sign up to soundcloud)

In other music news, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart is what all you assholes should've been freaking out about instead of the Vivian Girls. I am highly disappointed in the latter, but the former makes up for it by being nearly perfect.

No comments: